Cornell Cookbook #29: Leche Flan
2/14/2021 7:27 pm
Amalia Thomason, a fourth grader at Cornell, and her mother Cherie submitted this recipe. Amalia reports that her mommy makes lots of desserts and this flan recipe is really yummy. Thank you Cherie and Amalia! For more, visit the Cornell Cookbook.
Cornell Cookbook #27: Poke
1/22/2021 7:12 pm
Thank you Cornell student Sharon Yu for submitting this recipe! This is Sharon's favorite recipe. For more, visit the Cornell Cookbook.
Ingredients and Materials
any fish of your choice
lemon juice (the sour kind)
dried seaweed(any kind will do.)
1. Mix the garlic salt, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and lastly wasabi (if you do not want it spicy then do not add the wasabi in the mixture)
2. Slice the avocado into cubes and make them the amount that you want
3. Pour some lemon juice (a little so it is not sour) on top and very carefully mix.
4. Then take your fish on top of a pan and cut it into little cubes like the avocado.
5. Cut the seaweed into little strips and chop the green onion into small pieces.
6. Mix everything together expect for the seaweed.
7. Once you are done mixing everything, sprinkle the seaweed on top
8. Voilà! You are done!!
Cornell Cookbook #26: Chile Crisp Tofu and String Beans
1/22/2021 7:06 pm
Thank you Cornell parent Lindsay Melnick for submitting this delicious recipe! For more, visit the Cornell Cookbook.
3 tablespoons chile-crisp condiment, plus more for serving
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 ½ tablespoons Chinese black vinegar
1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon honey
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
2 tablespoons chopped scallions
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and sliced crosswise into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slabs
¾ pound green beans
1 tablespoon neutral oil, like canola or grapeseed
White rice, for serving
- Tuesday, April 20
- Wednesday, May 5
- Tuesday, May 11
- Thursday, May 13
- Tuesday, May 25
- Monday, May 31
- Wednesday, June 2