Cornell Cookbook #19: Jam Tart
1/5/2021 2:26 pm
Thank you Dani Del Rosario for submitting this recipe! For more, visit the Cornell Cookbook
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes (from fridge)
- 3 large eggs yolks
- 1 jar (12 oz.) jam or preserves (I use Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves)
- powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a food processor, whirl together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt. Add butter and pulse until dough is very crumbly, about two minutes. Add yolks and pulse several times until they are distributed throughout dough. Or, you can combine ingredients (dry first, butter, then yolks) in a large bowl using a pastry blender.
2. Grease a 10 inch tart pan with a removable rim. You can also press into any baking dish lined with parchment paper to help lift the tart out. Press about three quarters of dough into bottom of pan. No need to press dough up the sides. Spread jam over dough leaving a half inch border around edge. You can microwave your jam/preserves for 30 seconds to make it easer to spread. Crumble remaining dough over jam to form topping.
3. Bake until lightly browned and jam is bubbling, about 40 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before removing from pan. Dust with powdered sugar, if you like.
- Tuesday, January 26
- Monday, February 1
- Wednesday, February 3
- Monday, February 15
- Tuesday, February 16