Cornell Cookbook #31: Amazing Potatoes
2/14/2021 7:56 pm
Cornell teacher Ms. April Stewart submitted this recipe. She says these potatoes are delicious and her family LOVES when she makes them. They are easy too, and they go well with chicken, beef, pork, lamb, etc. Thanks Ms. April! For more, visit the Cornell Cookbook.
3 large russet potatoes or 4 medium
4 tbs unsalted butter
2 tbs vegetable oil
1 cup chicken stock
2 cloves garlic crushed
4 sprigs fresh thyme or rosemary or oregano
Coarsely ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat (I use a 12-inch cast iron skillet).
3. Peel the potatoes; cut off the round ends.
4. Slice potatoes into 1-inch thick slices.
5. Pat potatoes dry with a paper towel.
6. Add the oil and 4 tbs of the butter to the hot skillet.
7. Sprinkle potatoes with a pinch of kosher salt and some coarse pepper.
8. Place the potatoes in the skillet and sear for about 4 minutes, or until they are a nice golden brown.
9. Turn the potatoes and remove from the heat.
10. Pour in the chicken stock in the pan. Add the thyme (or rosemary or oregano) and the garlic.
11. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender. Spoon sauce over potatoes.
- Monday, March 1
- Tuesday, March 2
- Wednesday, March 3
- Thursday, March 4
- Friday, March 5